Ten drilling rigs are at work in Northeast B.C. this week, according to Rig Locator.
That's 22% of the region's fleet being utilized with 35 rigs down. Last year during the same week, 14 rigs were active in the region.
Precision Drilling (5), Ensign Drilling (2), Horizon Drilling (2), and Nabors Drilling (1) are the active contractors this week.
- Ensign 45 is drilling for gas for Encana at Sunrise. Spud was Sept. 17.
- Ensign 437 is drilling for gas for Black Swan Energy at Nig Creek. Spud was Sept. 21.
- Horizon 41 is drilling for gas for Encana at Sunrise. Spud was Sept. 14.
- Horizon 55 is drilling for gas for Kelt Exploration at Inga. Spud was Sept. 22.
- Nabors 120 is drilling for gas for Petronas at Bubbles. Spud was Sept. 22.
- Precision 533 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Gundy Creek. Spud was Sept. 25.
- Precision 538 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Doe. Spud was Sept. 25.
- Precision 542 is drilling for gas for ARC Resources at Dawson Creek. Spud was Sept. 25.
- Precision 544 is drilling for gas for Petronas Canada at Blueberry. Spud was Sept. 19.
- Precision 867 is moving in to Blueberry to drill for gas for ConocoPhilips.
Across Western Canada, 146 rigs are working out of 547, for a utilization rate of 27%.
Alberta has 94 rigs working out of 385, with 24% of its fleet is being utilized.
Saskatchewan has 39 rigs working out of 111, with 35% of its fleet at work.
There are three of six rigs active in Manitoba, and one active in Ontario.
At this time last year, there were 180 rigs at work across Canada.
Source: RigLocator (Data from RigLocator is compiled twice daily based on reports from the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors.)
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at firstname.lastname@example.org.