Eight drilling rigs are at work in Northeast B.C. this week, according to Rig Locator.
Just 17% of the region's fleet is being utilized with 40 rigs down. Last year during the same week, 18 rigs were active in the region.
Precision Drilling (5), Ensign Drilling (2), and Nabors Drilling (1) are the active contractors in the region this week.
- Ensign 40 is drilling for gas for Painted Pony at Town. Spud was Aug. 10.
- Ensign 444 is drilling for gas for Saguaro Resources at Laprise Creek. Spud was Aug. 8.
- Nabors 120 is moving in to Bubbles to drill for Petronas.
- Precision 533 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Gundy Creek. Spud was Aug. 4.
- Precision 538 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Doe. Spud was Aug. 9.
- Precision 544 is drilling for gas for Petronas Canada at Blueberry. Spud was Aug. 11.
- Precision 546 is drilling for gas for Tourmaline Oil at Town. Spud was Aug. 10.
- Precision 867 is drilling for oil for ConocoPhillips Canada at Inga. Spud was Aug. 3.
Across Western Canada, 145 rigs are working out of 547, for a utilization rate of 27%, and down from 150 rigs last week.
Alberta has 95 rigs working out of 384, for a utilization rate of 25%, and down from 98 rigs last week.
Saskatchewan has 40 rigs working out of 111, down from 42 last week, for a utilization rate of 36%.
There are two of four rigs active in Manitoba, and none active in Eastern Canada.
At this time last year, there were 233 rigs at work across Canada.
Source: RigLocator (Data from RigLocator is compiled twice daily based on reports from the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors.)
Email Managing Editor Matt Preprost at email@example.com.